We love living in the North Madison County communities of Hazel Green and Meridianville. You will too!
Utilities: To establish power, gas, water, and garbage service, contact Huntsville Utilities. To correct issues with garbage pickup or water, contact Madison County. If your new home has access to sewer services, contact your HOA for information.
Curbside Trash Pickup: Madison County provides free curbside pickup of yard debris and trash (old furniture, appliances, etc...). Click for schedule information and prohibited items.
Recycling: Contact RANA
Pet Registration: All cats and dogs must be registered in Madison County. For information contact Madison County Animal Control.
Voter Registration: Contact Madison County Votes
Madison County Sheriff's Department 256-722-7181
Hazel Green Volunteer Fire Department 256-828-0248
Meridianville Volunteer Fire Department 256-828-9623
Huntsville Police Department 256-722-7100
Huntsville Fire Department 256-722-7120
Hemsi (Ambulance) 256-722-7158
Lincoln County Sheriff's Department 931-433-9821
Toney Volunteer Fire Department 256-828-5476
New Market Volunteer Fire Department 256-379-3100
Alabama State Trooper256-353-0631
Tennessee State Trooper 800-763-1759
We have great schools in the Hazel Green/Meridianville area. Click on the links below to learn about each school and for enrollment information.
Hazel Green Elementary (PreK - Grade 4)
Walnut Grove Elementary (K-Grade 6)
Lynn Fanning Elementary School (PreK - Grade 3)
Moores Mill Intermediate School (Grades 4-6)
Meridianville Middle School (Grades 7-8)
Hazel Green High School (Grades 9-12)
Hazel Green Athletic Association (Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Volleyball)
Meridianville Athletic Association (Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Volleyball)
Hazel Green Youth Football (Football, Cheer)
Huntsville Tennis Center (Lessons, Tennis Leagues)
Huntsville Ice Complex (Figure Skating Lessons, Youth Hockey Leagues)
Hiking, Running, Biking:
- Huntsville Trails/Greenways
- Land Trust of North Alabama
- Trojan Trail - 3 mile trail for walking and running at Hazel Green High School.
Huntsville Adult Sports Leagues
- Colonial Golf Course
- Fox Run Golf Course
- Hampton Cove Robert Trent Jones Golf Course
- Top Golf Huntsville
- Sharon Johnson County Park (Picnicking, swimming, fishing, walking, biking)
- Green Mountain Nature Trail (Picnicking, hiking, fishing (kids, sr. adults))
- Big Spring Park (Walking, relaxing, events)
- Other Huntsville City Parks
- Monte Sano State Park (Picnicking, camping, hiking, biking)
- Hayes Nature Preserve (Picnicking, hiking, biking)
- Cathedral Cavern State Park (Picnicking, cave tour)
- Guntersville State Park (Lake boating, fishing, picnicking, camping, lodge/cabins, swimming, golf)
- Wheeler State Park (Lake boating, fishing, picnicking, camping, lodge/cabins, swimming, golf)
- Tims Ford State Park (TN) (Lake boating, fishing, picnicking, camping, lodge/cabins, swimming, golf)
Huntsville.org is a great source of information about the Rocket City
Here are some of our favorites:
Von Braun Center (Concerts, plays, expos, sports)
Burritt on the Mountain - House Tour and Farm
Huntsville History Tour/Twickenham Neighborhood Tour (Paper guide available at Harrison Bros.)
Here are some fun day trips or nearby overnight visits.
Small Towns of South Middle Tennessee
- Fayetteville - shops around the square, Lincoln County Fair
- Lynchburg - shops around the square
- Bell Buckle - unique shops, annual arts and crafts fair
- Lawrenceburg - Large Amish community
- Columbia - shops around the square, history
- Franklin - shopping downtown, big mall, fine dining, Civil War history.
Nashville, TN - entertainment, events, professional sports, fine dining, tourist attractions, shopping, history.
Florence, AL Area - History, Alabama Music Hall of Fame, other attractions.
Birmingham, AL - History, shopping, fine dining, tourist attractions.
Fall Creek Falls State Park, TN - Waterfalls, hiking, picnicking, camping, lodge, cabins, fishing, lake activities, golf.
Scottsboro, AL/South Pittsburgh, TN - Scottsboro is famous for its Unclaimed Baggage Store, shops around the square, and Goose Pond Colony (golf and lake activities). South Pittsburgh is famous for the Lodge Cast Iron Foundry. Foundry tours on Saturday. Lodge Store with exceptional deals on its products and other kitchen items.
Monteagle, TN Area - Outdoor activities in several state parks, preserves. Historic communities.
Chattanooga, TN - History, tourist attractions, outdoor fun, dining, shopping.